1970 Mercury Cougar XR7 Convertible
1970 Mercury Cougar XR7 Convertible. 351-2V CLEVELAND
Body, top and interior/exterior in excellent condition. Metallic blue exterior, white interior and white top (fairly new).
I purchased this vehicle in October 2013 from the second owner with 35,978 miles on the odometer. It now has 37,416 miles on it; only 6,558 in the last 22 years. I have my receipts, the original Owner\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Manual, all 5 Ford Shop Manuals, and the second owner's receipts back to 1997 (inspections verify mileage progressing). When purchased, I was told it was a "barn find" and has had some restoration work done (floor pans, top, paint, etc.) in the past. Long-term storage necessitated rebuild of the front and rear suspensions along with 5 new tires due to deteriorated rubber components and metal fatigue. Although they appeared brand new, the tires were estimated to be approximately 30 yrs old.
WHAT'S BEEN DONE:
1. 11/13 New Seat Belts (F&R)
2. 11/13 Replaced Convertible Top
3. 3/14 Replaced shifter seal and side
view mirror remote wand.
4. 4/14 Rebuilt front and rear
(S.T. Restoration, New Bern,
5. 4/14 Replaced transmission
selector shaft seal.
(Baldwin Transmission, New
6. 4/14 Replaced all 5 tires -
(Blacks Tire, New Bern, NC)
7. 1/17 Replaced retractable headlight
6. 3/17 Replaced intermittent wiper
7. 3/17 New convertible top boot.
8. 3/17 New trunk kit (mat, tire cover,
floor boards, signal light
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE:
1. Driver side door window needs adjustment.
2. Convertible top rocker switch needs repair ("down" works / "up" failed last week).
VEHICLE IS BEING SOLD DUE TO HEALTH REASONS.
I DO NOT NEED HELP SELLING THIS VEHICLE.
New Bern, NC
Best Time to Call: Anytime
CLICK TO VIEW LARGER IMAGE